Thursday, February 26, 2015

How Donating Plasma Works

Here, is a picture of my arm from my couple of hours of donating plasma today.

On my pointy finger I have a band-aid from the center pricking my finger to check my iron and protein in my body before donating.

The bandage on my arm is from where they withdrew the blood to take out the plasma and then put back in my body.

Donating Plasma is a great way to make extra cash and help save lives at the same time. (I personally dont believe the latter but that is another story).

Anyway I started donating to make extra cash. You can donate twice in a 7 day period. First 5 Visits you make between $50-$60 (at least where I go) then if you decide to go all the time you make $20 first visit of the week and $45 the second of the week and normally every 6th visit you make an extra $20.

Main way to qualify is to not have left the country and traveled to certain parts, men having sex with men, not in prison or jail or have taken drugs. There are a lot more ways that you need to qualify too.

The first time I tried to go last year I couldn't because I had re-pierced my ears myself so I had to wait 6 months to a year.

Now after you "pass" as a new donor in order to qualify for each visit you need to:

1) Drink plenty of water
2) Have eaten enough iron and protein
3) You're vitals have to be good
4) Answer qualification questions again

What you should bring:
1. A small blanket or big jacket (it gets cold)
2. A book
3. Your cell phone with charger/headphones

There are TVs there for you to watch while you wait :)

Your initial visit takes around 3-4 hours, your return donor visits take up to 2 hours (depending on how busy they are)

Before and after your donation it is recommended to not drink caffeine, alcohol or tobacco. 

Running the numbers you can make up to $280 a month donating. :) 

Plus the place I go to has referral bonuses and monthly promotions for coming in and donating.





No comments:

Post a Comment